Attorney - Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Our client, a legal publisher, seeks an Employee Benefits attorney to help develop online legal products for Employee Benefits counselors. The attorney will edit and create “how-to” type practical guidance, forms, and legal analysis for a wide range of Employee Benefits topics.
This is an open-ended temporary position with flexible hours. Work will be done remotely from any location.
• Draft and/or edit annotated Employee Benefits form documents
• Write and/or edit practical guidance articles written on Employee Benefits topics
• Write overviews, checklists, or other needed content on Employee Benefits topics
• Identify, evaluate, and edit summaries of relevant treatises, cases, statutes, administrative materials, forms, and emerging issues articles for inclusion in the product
• Coordinate legal research and further legal analysis of selected Employee Benefits and Labor & Employment topics
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• At least 3-5 years of experience as an Employee Benefits attorney
• Substantive experience in drafting and reviewing a wide variety of Employee Benefits agreements, provisions, and policies
• Substantive experience in providing advice to clients regarding a wide variety of Employee Benefits topics including, among others, all aspects of ERISA, defined benefit retirement plans, defined contribution retirement plans, the Affordable Care Act, consumer health plans, cafeteria plans and fringe benefits, HIPAA, COBRA, and employee benefits issues in mergers and acquisitions
• Experience in some or all of the following is helpful: Labor & Employment law, traditional labor law, cross-border/international employment issues, executive compensation, and employment issues arising in conjunction with corporate transactions
• Ability to think critically and annotate agreements and policies (or review and revise such annotations as necessary)
• Excellent editing, legal research, analysis, and writing skills
• Effective written communication skills
• Ability to complete assigned projects by prescribed deadlines
• Organized, self-motivated, and able to work in a detail-oriented environment
• Experience in presenting CLEs and drafting client alerts is a plus
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.