This leading national law firm located in midtown is seeking a Litigation/Corporate paralegal. Salary to 75-80K depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange filings, mailings and effecting service for matters in Federal and state courts, government agencies and other parties.
- Assist with the organization of client materials and attorney work product including in computer-based technology, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Conduct research in Westlaw, Bloomberg, and other legal databases.
- Conduct research in iPro and other discovery management tools.
- Maintain forms, corporate books and databases relating to partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and other corporate forms, and research with respect to state filing requirements.
- Form and qualify entities to do business in various states and other jurisdictions including coordinating with foreign counsel to form entities and prepare formation agreements.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to file documents in state and Federal courts
- Advanced Adobe professional and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical skills
- Trial preparation
- Expertise in iPro or similar document management tool
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience preferred
- Availability for overtime as needed