Fiduciary Accountant/Legal Asst.
Top tier law firm in midtown seeks a Fiduciary Legal Asst./Accountant. Salary to 110K.
· Attend meetings with clients
· Research estate plans
· Prepare probate petitions and various other probate documents
· Prepare trust and estate accountings and Receipt and Release Agreements
· Assist with post-mortem tax planning
· Prepare Federal and New York Estate Tax Returns
· Participate in tax audits with the IRS
· Prepare fiduciary tax returns
· Deal with brokerage houses and banks
· Value estate stocks and bond portfolios
· Deal with appraisers and auction galleries
· Estate Administration
· Maintain all estate records including checkbooks, journals and ledgers
· Transfer and register securities
· Assist with guardianship reports
· Marshal assets
· Arrange for and attend inventory of safe deposit box
· Prepare and file claims for insurance proceeds and death benefits
· Make distributions to beneficiaries
· Assist with real estate property sales in connection with estate administration
Please send your resume to Greg Breck email@example.com.