Our client, a major pharmaceutical company, seeks a paralegal for a contract position, to work out of their Durham, NC location. Under the direction of supervising cybersecurity attorney, the paralegal will perform research and supporting activities to assist attorneys and information security professionals with data privacy and information security compliance reviews. This involves researching applicable data privacy and electronic communications laws, and making inquiries with legal colleagues and other resources with respect to employee relations laws; facilitating communications between central and local legal, data privacy, human resource and compliance stakeholders; and maintaining records of the relevant requirements and approvals needed as a prerequisite to launch each cybersecurity service, sorted by region and country.
- Research international laws and regulations related to information security and privacy, including workforce surveillance and electronic communication laws;
- Monitor, analyze, and develop written summaries of applicable legislation, regulations, court decisions, guidelines and opinions;
- Manage communications related to local legal and privacy assessments for cybersecurity projects, including tracking responses and maintaining summary reports of relevant advice given and decisions made.
- Create and maintain a central repository of applicable local legal requirements and related documentation, and coordinate with the data privacy office to retain relevant data transfer agreements.
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the evolving standards of global data privacy office to ensure that the cybersecurity program and services remain compliant;
- Develop educational and training materials related to enterprise cybersecurity program;
- Guide and support business clients regarding legal and regulatory requirements related to the implementation and operation of cybersecurity services.
Must have at least 4 years of experience as a paralegal and a paralegal certificate.
Interested candidates are asked to send their resume to Marshall Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to speaking with you!