E-Discovery & Practice Technology Support Manager (AmLaw 100 Firm)
Our client, a leading AmLaw 100 firm in New York, seeks an E-Discovery & Practice Technology Support Manager. This person in this role serves a critical function for the firm, managing all e-discovery projects on a day-to-day basis firmwide.
Candidates must have at least five years related experience within a large law firm environment. Successful applications will be experienced in the entire e-discovery lifecycle including document collection, processing, review and production. Strong client service skills and technological abilities are a must.
- Supervises and manages the e-discovery team, including planning, assigning, and directing their activities, as well as identifying areas for training.
- Provides e-discovery user support, including administration, trainings, and troubleshooting. Works with e-discovery staff to grant and configure access to databases and data.
- Creates and maintains litigation databases. With the e-discovery team, verifies data integrity, imports images, data and transcripts into databases, exports data, corrects vendor errors, reformats and converts data, and designs forms and reports. Maintains accurate chain of custody records.
- Oversees and coordinates e-discovery collections, data processing, and review.
- Advises lawyers and the e-discovery team on optimal software, tools, and staffing models for entire-discovery process.
- Consults with clients and legal staff on e-discovery planning and budgeting.
- Helps select and works with external e-discovery vendors as necessary.
- Maintains e-discovery systems and ensures they are kept up to date.
- Develops, coaches, counsels, and manages e-discovery staff. Establishes standards of performance and sets goals. Facilitates a team-work approach to foster positive working relationships.
- Exercises good judgment and provides leadership for problem resolution. Identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, develops and implements innovative problem resolution methods without sacrificing quality. Enacts contingency plans as needed.
- Interviews, hires, trains, develops and appraises e-discovery staff as needed.
- Acts as an intermediary between attorneys/legal assistants and e-discovery staff when appropriate.
- Creates and updates best practices for e-discovery. Creates and maintains training materials as needed. Maintains Firm e-discovery intranet site.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes as well as other innovations in e-discovery. Keeps abreast of new law concerning e-discovery and implements into best practices. Maintains contact with peers at other firms and attends conferences to maintain current knowledgebase.
- Prepares software budgets, maintains software licenses and submits recommendations for software renewals or new software.
Highly competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume to email@example.com.